Friday, January 9, 2009

a hair blessing

so, this morning i went out and about and tried finding babygates for henry--our staffy puppy--he needs them, i need them. no luck though. everyone must have given these as christmas gifts or something...and i need a longer than a regular size door one. i left the house first thing, feeling rather annoyed at the dogs, annoyed at having to go out in this very cold weather...and i had quite a headache already from this cold that wont quit.
so anyway...

on a back note** i have been feeling rather yuck lately--physically mainly, cause i am on a quest to feel better mentally ...but my body is not matching up to a picure of good health either....i have a little head cold, added on to just feeling fat and tired and cranky...you get my picture. well throw into that mix a bad haircut. that i have been trying to grow out a bit to re-cut it to my old good style. so...i was out window shopping with a frown...when the guy at starbucks calls out to me--hey i really like your hair! What-me? yup he was talking to me. he said it looked really good on me...well, that was pretty nice. i smile and say thanks. thinking maybe hes making fun of my lame hair....
i continue on to another store...a lady stops me and asks if i get my hair done around here anywhere. what ??? again, i feel guilty saying, oh i just washed it this morning and did a little poof here, straightening iron there. but gee--thanks.
i go to a little craft store next that ive never been in. and the check out lady says--oh, honey your hair is so cute. ok, this is the point where i almost lose it. let me just say that I about cried. i felt my nose burn and when i cry i get red blotchies all over my chest--and i could feel them forming..but i held it in, took the compliment and walked out of that store....

with a bigol' thank you Lord for that one. cause i sure needed that. i mean goodness. here i was feeling frumpy and lumpy and my hairs been falling out again cause of these stupid stress cycles i seem to be stuck in...and 3 different people, in 3 different stores in a matter of 1 hour tell me how cute my hair is...when i have been feeling so crappy about it for weeks. it was just plain awesome. well, it just goes to show you what the kindness of others can do for someone. lift them up--thats what. i just needed that. ya know? and the strange thing is....people here in maryland are not so nice at first. i mean, they are a tad standoffish...so its not like you go walking around town, and everyone is bestowing compliments left and right. so you can imagine, it was a real surprise and treat for me.

that was a little blessing from God just for me. it has kept a smile on my face all day--just in time to help lighten my mood for my husband's return from a few days away.

maybe i should take a photo of my hair today so i can see what everyone else saw??? :)

xoxo

No comments: