Tuesday, June 3, 2008

still waiting...reading and not cleaning

not.very.patient.

this is hard sitting here waiting. so much i could be doing. but i cannot do a dang thing.my mind is too excited and tired and ready...so im sitting here just screwing off. no, the carpets will not be clean, who was i kidding? i don't have that kind of energy today of all days. i guess i can do small things, that will fill the time. clean up breakfast dishes, clean off the computer table. put a table cloth on the dining table. sweep off the cobwebs on the porch. clean out the truck. waiting just sucks. i'm not so good at it.

the thing is --its also raining---the dark gloomy non stop rain, so that just put a huge nasty cloud on my day. i don't want the rain affecting my mood. i certainly don't want it ruining my hair. we've spoke of the hair issues i don't even want to go there today. see...
waiting puts me in a weird mood.

*new subject:
i've been reading THE HOST ...i bought it cause i loved the other stephanie m. books, and this one was huge and it looked like just the thing to get me through these last days of waiting...its been hard at first to get into it, like i did the Twilight series. not that i was into vampires by any means, but like the masses, i loved those books. and after reading them decided that good, handsome, beautiful vampires-- the kind that only eat on wild animals, and fall in love with regular girls and boys are okay with me. we could be friends even.
but this Host book. i dunno. so far its about this soul named wanderer that gets implanted into this girl melanie and the soul is suppose to take over the girls body, but instead the girls mind and soul is still there--and talks to the soul and drives the soul crazy with all her thoughts and memories of her life. honestly, if someone would have said this story to me i would have laughed and said, uh yeah right, sounds great --i won't be reading that one. but i couldn't sleep last night and so i stayed up reading some more, and of course it got to me finally. there is a love story in there somewhere and THAT is what does it for me. i am a total sucker for a love story...even if it involves implanted souls in the brains of human hosts. i'm serious, cause its silly that i'm even reading this, i don't go for sciencefictiony stuff... but here i am ...excited to see what happens next...about to go sit with my coffee and keep reading, ignoring the cleaning i thought i wanted to get done.

i really love to read. it has been one of the great joys of my life. i got my degree in english, just so i could read all the time...i'm not the kind of girl who reads nonfiction books--not by choice...well only sometimes if its really needed, like to inspire me or help me with all of my issues. i need me a good story, the kind that you can get lost in, where amazing and heartbreaking things happen to everyone, the kind where you imagine yourself as the characters...or meet people that would never enter your daily life. ive fallen in love with cowboys, traveled to far off places...been apart of a witches community...you name it...so many good stories to fill my mind and take me away. not that i need to be 'taken away' but the days of being a stay at home mommy just run into each other. and how else am i to go on all these adventures in the middle of cooking dinner and helping with homework??? the one funny thing about my bad memory and all my reading, is once i'm finished with my book, i can hardly remember the name of it...its almost like i use them for their stories and move on without a back glance...which i'm not proud of, but it happens almost every time....

so.
off to wait some more. and not clean up; but think about doing it later...
and see whats happening with the soul wanderer and her host melanie... and maybe clean up after ive read some more.

:)
xoxo

No comments: