Sunday, August 14, 2011

Prayer of St. Ignatius Loyola

i was led to this prayer tonight. i think i will need to remind myself of these important words, over and over again.

Dearest Lord,
teach me to be generous;
teach me to serve You as You deserve;
to give and not to count the cost,
to fight and not to heed the wounds,
to toil and not to seek for rest,
to labour and not to ask for reward
save that of knowing I am doing Your Will

it makes me want to continue making my prayer books. i use to make mini prayer/scripture books for friends and special gifts. it has been years since i have made one. i think it's time to work on one again. and i know just who needs one. :)

*note: i do not know where i got this photo from, its been in my picture gallery for a long time. so i apologize if i have used it without permission. i just really love the image of mary- hands in prayer...reminding me what i need to do as well.

No comments: