Thursday, July 30, 2009

time with izzybusybells







this is my first time alone with izzybusybelles in the 11 years shes been alive.
cams and logi are in san diego on a lil summer adventure with their meema.
yesterday was day one.
it was full of this and that. i sure love this girl, she has so much to offer. she is right at the age where she is still a little girl and all of a sudden a big girl too. starting middle school in late august. lots of changes. of course as her mama i feel worried. have i taught her enough to cope with all that will come her way? are we both strong enough to figure it out along the way? i like to think so. we've done pretty good so far. my izzy, she presents herself as loud and crazy and confident with a carefree attitude. but she is also very sensitive and sweet and doesn't often click with people...she gets her little feelings hurt, but lashes out to hide them.
anyway. i am just taking her all in. enjoying just being with her--this little time we have to grow and bond together as mama and daughter.
at the same time missing camille and logan. its very hard for a mother to give her kids time and space to be away. even if we all need it. i always get the sick butterfly feeling inside when any of them are away from me too long. esp. this past year. i have an extra urging to protect them. to need them by me.
i always feel like i fall short on being my best mama to them, but then something or someone will remind me how wonderful they are. how smart and beautiful and healthy and vibrant, and i must admit that it can't all be their natural selves, it can't all be God's graces. i must have something to do with it. i try my best.
i guess i'm loving my littles extra today. thinking of them in my heart.
ok. enough of this, time for adventures with my girlie.

No comments: