Thursday, July 9, 2009

$3.50 dinner tonight

i am so proud of myself tonight. i just had to share. i fed the family (minus A-dog) for $3.50. seriously. now, it wasn't my best meal, and it wasn't packed full of vitamins etc. but it was quick and easy and cheap and they ate every single bite. a loaf of soft french bread from the deli for a buck, a box of ricearoni chicken flavored:under a buck, and an applesauce cup for each: a six or 8 pack I cant remember which, for like $1.26. it was most likely under $3.50 for the total meal, and I paid with it in change only. yup. it can be done. :) I only went in for an iced coffee that probably cost more then the meal, now that I'm thinking about it...but i wanted to see if i could feed them on what was left in change in my purse. and i did it.
there have been days where i spent a nice chunk of change and time on a decent meal, and either I A. burnt it, B. undercooked it. or C. the kids didn't like it. so today dinner was good and cheap and it took all of 15 mins to cook up. :)

for dessert they had bananas...so there's the nutritional part. high five to me.
xoxo

No comments: