Thursday, October 15, 2009

half way through October





























well yes, I guess we are half way through October. i don't know what i have been doing lately, cause really it feels like all of nothing. getting over being sick sometimes takes weeks out of your life. i think that's what happened. the kids have been going to school, working on projects, riding bikes, walking the dogs, a bit of TV
...enjoying candy apples, picking pumpkins, obsessing over the show dirty jobs, keeping their rooms clean (amen to that)...and waiting patiently for big man to return to our daily lives.

i have been coughing like a maniac...reading lots of books, a tiny bit of cleaning, letting the dogs in and out at least 25 times day and night, wearing a sweater each day, (my favorite part of fall...if you know me then you know i am such a sweater girl) feeding the kids soups and pasta for dinner, ignoring my craft space for like a month, dropping half the coffee i drink each day...which might help with my weight loss...i'm seeing results. what else am i doing? not eating after 7pm...ok, well not every day, but close. i'm walking henry so he can take a nap and give me a rest, i'm thinking of and planning (in my head) holiday gifts to make for my loved ones, helping the kids with homework and studying- which takes an extreme amount of time now that they are all in more demanding grades...and in doing so, discovering that i know absolutely NOTHING.
...and i am trying to not sneak the treats from the bag of Halloween candy on top of the fridge. this is no small task let me assure you...while i wait not very patiently for my handsome to come home...
oh-since i spoke to a good friend the other day (love you D!!) i am thinking of dreams for my life. working on my "little things". trying to figure out what my next step is; what direction to take my life at 35.
xoxox
ps. you may now call me mrs. major williams. alex was promoted to major and i am so happy for him. it felt like he would be a captain forever. seriously years of that. i remember when he was just a lieutenant and whenever we saw a major...well they just seemed so much older, and established, and their kids were so much bigger than mine and look at that...here we are in that same spot. amazing.







No comments: